Thursday, May 15, 2008

Antonia Dress

This dress is proof that God loves me. The vibrant colors, the soft A-line shape, and the fabulous breathable linen! It's perfect for summer.

One of my co-workers said it looks like someone threw up a bunch of sherbert onto a sack. Clearly, my darling co-worker (and roomate) does not appreciate vintage patterns. And clearly, she has not seen a close up of the material. I can see myself wearing this to a summer barbeque. Drinking a margarita. Casual, wavy, just rolled out of bed hair. Ohhh yes, it's all coming together quite nicely now!




That's what I love about J.Crew. Sure, my extremely absurd daydreams inspired by a simple dress are my own doing. But J.Crew just does that to me. Just one item of their clothing has me in the backyard of someone's house, watching my fiance' grill out in a fabulous Williams Sonoma apron, drinking margaritas, and having supposedly sexy, flowy, beautiful roll out of bed locks. Let me take this time to thank J.Crew for fueling my insane (and when it comes to sexy roll out of bed hair, impossible) fantasies.

This three quarter linen dress is sheer brilliance I tell you!

I tried explaining to my fiance' how badly I need this dress in my wardrobe. I begged. I pleaded. Just one dress! Only one! I so badly need this dress. I think he could see the sincere desparation in my eyes. "I'll do anything! Anything! I won't force you to watch Sex and the City!". He shook his head. "I won't make you eat healthy food for a week!". He ignored me. "Sex every day for a month?" He seemed alarmed that I was willing to sell my soul for a drapery linen dress. He smiled, took my hand and said, "Baby, you know it will be on sale in a month". He's right. Now I can keep my TV show, diet, and sexual sanity.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so with you on this dress. perfect! Especially with the hair you described & the margaritas!!
Happy summer!!

Anonymous said...

It's on sale for 99.00 If you didn't get it then, now you totally have to.

Sophie said...

Oh, don't you worry! I bought it!